- 1 pound dried spaghetti (whatever your favorite might be)
- ¼ cup great quality extra virgin olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, sliced paper thin (use a mandolin)
- 1 dried red chili pepper, seeded and sliced thin (use dried chili flakes if unavailable, about 1 teaspoon)
- Kosher salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons finely grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons finely grated lemon zest
- ¼ cup Italian parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, minced
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta al dente.
2Meanwhile, heat a very large pan with the olive oil on medium heat.
3Add the garlic, season with salt and shake the pan, when the garlic begins to turn golden add the chili and the second it sizzles add about ¼ cup of the boiling pasta water into the pan, set it aside until the pasta is ready.
4When the pasta is al dente, drain and add it to the pan with the garlic. Toss to coat well and serve with a sprinkle of gremolata over the top.
1Heat the oil in skillet on medium heat.
2Add the garlic, cook stirring for 1 minute. Add the breadcrumbs, cook stirring for 2 minutes.
3Add the zests and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
4Remove from the heat and add the herbs. Season to taste with salt and pepper.