This is one of the tastiest halwa recipes liked by all Indians.
Gajar ka halwa is a delicious mouth watering sweet dish prepared by carrot and milk especially in Indian subcontinent. Its very easy to prepare and cook however it takes little bit of time to cook. Gajar ka halwa can be served as dessert.
These halwa recipes contains high level of sugar. However you can reduce the amount of sugar if you don’t like sugar too much.
Preparation Time: 15-20 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Suitable for: 4 persons
- 10-12 medium sized carrots
- Dry Fruits: Roughly chopped almond, dates, cashew nuts, raisins or other available dry fruits about 3/4th cup. You can choose dry fruits as per your choice and taste.
- Sugar, around half cup or according to taste
- Skimmed milk 2 cups
- Half teaspoon green cardamom powder
- Ghee (Clarified butter) 2 tablespoons
- Mildly mix it and let the carrot fry for about five minutes without covering the frying pan.Wash the carrot properly and peel them before grating it finely. Put a frying pan on gas, heat it. Add the clarified butter in the hot frying pan and when the butter started melting add the grated carrots.
- After five minutes add the sugar and the skimmed milk in the half cooked carrots. Again cook it further for 15-20 minutes.
- Now, the lovely gazar ka halwa is ready. But garnish is must. For garnishing sprinkle the roughly chopped dry fruits. In a bid to increase the halwa’s flavour add the cardamom powder.
- Mix it well and serve it hot. It will surely thrill the taste buds of yours or your guests.