- 100 gms – Plain Puffed rice
- 1 – Medium Onion, finely chopped
- 1 – Medium Tomato, finely chopped
- 1 – Medium Potato, boiled and chopped
- 1 – Carrot, grated
- Mint chutney (see recipe)
- Salt to taste
- Lemon juice to taste
- Sev/mixture for garnishing, a spoonful
- A few sprigs of Cilantro/Coriander leaves, finely chopped
- FOR THE MINT CHUTNEY:
- 1 bunch mint leaves
- 1 bunch coriander leaves
- 1 to 2 green chillies
- Sandwich bread slices
To prepare mint chutney, grind mint leaves, coriander leaves and green chillies to a fine paste by adding a little water and salt to taste and grinding it in a mixer.
Keep some mint chutney aside for layering the bread slices.
Mix all the vegetables, chopped onion, tomato, potato, grated carrot and puffed rice in a bowl.
Add a spoonful of mint chutney, lemon juice, and salt to taste and give it all a good mix.
Add sev and cilantro leaves and mix once more.
To prepare the sandwich, take one bread slice, spread mint chutney over it with a spoon.
Add bhel on top of the chutney.
You may add extra sev if you wish.
Place the other slice on top of the bhel mixture.
Tasty bhelpuri sandwich is ready.