- 2.25 cups – all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup – granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp – baking powder
- 3/4 tsp – salt
- 1 cup (6 oz.) – semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 3/4 cup (1.5 sticks) – butter
- 1.5 cups – milk
- 3 – eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp – vanilla extract
- Toppings – whipped cream, chocolate shavings, fresh fruit, etc.
Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl.
Microwave chocolate morsels and butter in a microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute.
Stir, as some morsels may retain some of their original shape.
If necessary, microwave for additional 10 to 15 seconds, stirring until melted.
Cool to room temperature. Stir in milk, eggs and vanilla extract.
Add chocolate mixture to flour mixture; stir (batter will be thick).
Cook in Belgian waffle maker (or the regular one) according to manufacturer’s directions.
Serve warm with your choice of toppings.