- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 chicken, cut into 1½ inch pieces on the bone
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4-5 green chillies, sliced
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tablespoon hand torn fresh mint
Heat oil in a non-stick kadai. Add the cumin seeds and sauté till they begin to change colour. Add green chilies and onions and sauté till golden brown.
Add chicken and stir. Cover and cook on medium heat for ten minutes.
Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt and mix well. Cover again and cook for another ten minutes or till the chicken is completely cooked.
Add lemon juice, chopped coriander and chopped mint and mix.
Serve hot with rotis.