Fitbit, perhaps the best known name in the field of wearable activity trackers, is officially coming to India. Fitbit’s range of activity trackers will be available in India via Amazon India starting at a price of Rs. 3,990. Amazon India has an exclusivity period of two months starting July 1, but later the devices will also be available via other channels.
Fitbit is betting big on India, which will be the 43rd country where the San Francisco-headquartered company will launch its operations. Steve Morley, Vice President & General Manager Asia Pacific, Fitbit told NDTV Gadgets that the company is bringing its entire range of devices to India. These are:
Originally Posted- NDTV
1. Fitbit Zip is the entry-level wireless activity tracker that allows users to track daily activity statistics such as steps, distance, calories burned, and active minutes. Fitbit Zip has a US manufacturer’s suggested retail price (US MSRP) of $59.95 and will be available in India at Rs. 3,990.
2. Fitbit One is an advanced clippable wireless tracker that tracks stairs climbed and sleep in addition to daily steps, distance, calories burned, and active minutes. Fitbit One has a US MSRP of $99.95 and will be available in India at Rs. 6,990.
3. Fitbit Flex is the company’s first wristband-style tracker that tracks steps, distance, calories burned, active minutes, and sleep. Fitbit Flex has a US MSRP of $99.95 and will be available in India at Rs. 6,990.
4. Fitbit Charge is a wireless activity and sleep wristband that tracks steps, distance, calories burned, active minutes, floors climbed, and sleep. Fitbit Charge has a US MSRP of $129.95 and will be available in India at Rs. 9,990.
5. Fitbit Charge HR is a wireless heart rate and activity wristband that has all the features available on the Fitbit Charge and also includes the company’s proprietary PurePulse heart rate tracking technology. Fitbit Charge HR has a US MSRP of $149.95 and will be available in India at Rs. 12,990.
6. The company likes to position Fitbit Surge has its fitness “super watch” that combines features of a GPS watch, heart rate tracker, activity tracker, and limited functionality of a smartwatch. Fitbit Surge has a US MSRP of $249.95 and will be available in India at Rs. 19,990.
Morley told NDTV Gadgets that the company also plans to launch Fitbit Aria in India, its Wi-Fi connected scale that tracks weight, body fat percentage, and BMI. Fitbit Aria has a US MSRP of $129.95, which means it’s likely to be priced in India at Rs. 9,990.
Fitbit’s devices can be combined with popular Android phones and iOS devices using the free companion app that includes an active community and other features you’d expect from a fitness app.
Since launching its first connected health and fitness device in September 2009, Fitbit had sold over 20.8 million connected such devices as of March 31, 2015. As per the NPD Group, the company had 85 percent share of the US connected activity tracker in Q1 2015. According to IDC, wearable shipments are expected to reach 155.7 million units in 2019.